It started with a man who was eight years older than his new wife. They drank a few beers for courage, and met naked in bed in the month of May of 1970. He put his clothes back on, took … Continue reading
Today’s post is brought to you by Speaker7.
Oh…um…Hi. How are things? …um…
Well…er…how ’bout that rain? It’s been like raining with water and stuff.
So…um…I’ve been asked to write about small talk so…okay…um…I’ll do that now?
1. Introduce yourself. It will give you something to talk about for two seconds. You might be tempted to make up a name to give you something else to talk about it– “Hi. I’m Casey Anthony!”–but don’t. You could possibly run into this person again, and the next bout of small talk will be even more awkward if you can’t remember what name you gave.
2. Stick to safe topics. Some suggestions:
- the room you’re in — “How ’bout this floor, huh?”
- Donald Trump’s hairpiece — “So, do you think his hair is made out of urine-soaked hamster bedding?”
3. Stay away from hot-button issues like:
6. Ask questions. Feign interest in your small talk participant.
7. Do not piss your pants. Same goes for poopy.
8. Under no circumstances, should you ever say this:
The Official How To Blog is your one true source of everything.
I like your shoes.